About Taylor Downs
Taylor first came to yoga as a teenager in 2010, and quickly fell in love with the practice as an opportunity to be quiet and get to know herself.
She approaches yoga with a background of physical limitation and injury, having undergone a spinal fusion surgery to correct severe scoliosis in her early teens. This experience allows Taylor to understand that every student’s body and practice is beautifully and uniquely their own. She teaches from the foundation that all bodies have the ability to practice, and aims to guide her students in discovering their own inner teacher.
Taylor believes yoga (asana) postures are meant to serve us, not the other way around. She works with her students to find the best variation of our physical postures for our bodies that day, and often cues these variations with the use of props to support the body.
Taylor’s public and private classes are both grounding and uplifting, and often include the use of essential oils, hands-on assists, vibrant music, and balanced, restorative flows.
- Yoga for All, a training specializing in yoga for bigger bodies and diverse communities, taught by Dianne Bondy and Amber Karnes
- Yoga for Scoliosis with Elise Browning Miller
- Restorative Yoga with Cyndi Lee
- SPA yoga with Betty Riaz
- Together We Rise: Yoga & Social Justice
- Teaching Toward Fullness: Pre/Postnatal Yoga Basics